Wednesday, March 3, 2010

In the beginning...

Hello, I'm a student of New York City College of Technology and a freelance illustrator who is very much enjoying my time in photography for Graphic Arts with Prof. Reed! This is the first time I'm really working with photographs so this is somewhat different for me, especially since I'm used to just drawing out things and using photos as reference material; not taking them myself. Usually when I think about images, I think about how it would look in as an illustration and hopefully I can apply this eye to the way I take photos. Hopefully, this careful examination of framing and composition will make me not only a better illustrator, but a photographer and designer as well.

This photo was taken when I was walking by in Chinatown. It felt like there was a story here, two chefs just lounging around in front of a church? They must have been cutting pork all day long and now they for some reason took refuge in front of a place where people find refuge. I love images that tell a story.

This happened right next to those two guys. This woman passed by and she stopped at this stop sign. She just stood there, almost like what the sign said to do. Ironically down the block on the upper right there, there's also a sign that says no standing anytime. So is she confused? I also liked how saturated the red color in this photo is. There's a lot of it, just reds and grays.

No comments:

Post a Comment