Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Super Heroic

I took this picture while crossing the Brooklyn Bridge, towards the Manhattan side. This was really interesting to me because of the colors on the building. I noticed that the lower section isn't really built, it's a large tarp that's colored to look like the side of a building. As the wind blows it with the sun shining against it to create this dramatic lighting, it looks almost like a scene out of a comic book. I feel like all it's missing is Superman or something and it'll almost look like an illustration.

*edit : Correction, upon closer inspection I think that's actually what the building exterior is supposed to look like as I don't remember it actually fluttering in the wind. Also you would think that if it had moved in some of the other shots I took of it, one of them would have a motion blur of some kind eventually.

1 comment: